Category Archives: Prayer Request
Just a quick prayer request for all of our praying friends and family out there:
As you may have heard, Hurricane Dorian is a big one and is close to us. Many models are now saying it will brush up against the east coast like Matthew did in 2016. We would love a simple repeat of that!! But things can change easily and quickly last minute like Hurricane Charlie in 2004. We did board up pretty well last time we faced a hurricane (Irma, 2017). This brought some extra trips to the store. Same thing this time. But we are opting to stay rather than evacuate like last time.
So we still are not out of the woods. And neither are many of us who live here on the lower east coast. We are only 45 minute drive from Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, but far enough inland in Orlando that we usually don’t get hit as hard as the beach towns.
Please pray for:
- Safety for us and our family and neighbors.
- Great opportunities to be Jesus to our neighbors and help as we are able in this situation.
- Endurance when we have small kids and may lose power for Air Conditioning and therefore have extra heat to deal with (it hits 85 – 90F most days, plus humidity).
- For emotional and physical strength when it’s hot and we are tired and a little (sometimes a lot!) stressed… to trust in Jesus and love one another well!
- The people of the Bahamas who have been devastated by the effects of the Hurricane. We met some Bahamians here and there in the spring and they are beautiful people, loved by God. So we have often been thinking of them in the aftermath of Dorian.
Thank you for your support and prayers as we provide safe spaces where men struggling with compulsive porn use and other addictions can experience hope, healing, and move towards thriving in who they really are in Christ!
I sent out a brief message about the epic Conquer Leadership Conference I attended, but forgot to share it here! We’ll be sending out a post conference update soon!!! But for now, Click below for details of my post on 7/19:
We hope you had an amazing Easter, celebrating the new life we have because of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! It was the first time I can remember being home with a sick family on Easter Sunday! It was a sad day to miss out on celebrating and worshiping with friends at church but our Easter Sunday was also new and refreshing in its own way. Like so many things in life, there were mixed emotions. We know the way the Lord has for us to walk in this life is fraught with difficulties but along the way there is Joy to be found with Christ and his Body as we walk together.
coaching hours to apply for certification. Once this training is completed, she will be better equipped to help people thrive in Christ in our ministry.
- for John as he “digests” the training from Pure Desire Ministries he attended last weekend in the Washington DC area. (This training conference focuses on equipping leaders to bring hope and healing to men, women, and their families in the areas of compulsive porn use and other related addictions)
- for our family to thrive in this very full season of life transitions and change
- for Ellen as she begins her transition as a coach serving missionaries at Cru Headquarters on her new team, while still attending classes
- for financial (and logisitical) provision for these trainings
- for health for our family, we have noticed that sicknesses tend to come at not-so-ideal times! 😦
Partners in His Harvest,
Please pray for John’s Surgery Tomorrow 5/18
Please pray for John’s shoulder surgery tomorrow to repair a torn rotator cuff. It’s been a long time coming for this surgery but it is good to have it done now, before it gets any worse. Surgery starts at 1pm tomorrow. There will be a month in a sling and a couple more months of physical therapy. But John has been through it before 6 years ago when the other shoulder had the same surgery when living up in Albany. So he’s a little bit of a veteran. 🙂 But thank you for your prayers! And now for a picture of our Noah who is almost 11 months!!