Author Archives: johnandellen
We are EXCITED to say we are all
Going North again for a Visit!
We wish we could visit all of you!! you know, have a meal, hangout, and just enjoy catching up. But time is limited, and we are bringing all the kids so we will have all of their “crazy” too!
So maybe missed our little get together last time we were in town over the summer, but we are gonna do it again!!
We will be intentionally playing at playground sometime during the week of 10/16 to 10/23 and will keep you posted as to the details, to be announced!
In the meantime we are reaching out as well to see
Does anyone have a reliable vehicle we could borrow during our visit?
Yes, I wrote that part big so as to make sure you saw it! 🙂
But seriously, let us know if you have access to a vehicle that you wouldn’t mind us driving while we visit. We will be traveling only inside the Capital Region this visit.
In His Grace and in His Hands always,
John, (For Ellen, Maddie Mae, Evie and Noah)
We hope you had an amazing Easter, celebrating the new life we have because of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! It was the first time I can remember being home with a sick family on Easter Sunday! It was a sad day to miss out on celebrating and worshiping with friends at church but our Easter Sunday was also new and refreshing in its own way. Like so many things in life, there were mixed emotions. We know the way the Lord has for us to walk in this life is fraught with difficulties but along the way there is Joy to be found with Christ and his Body as we walk together.
coaching hours to apply for certification. Once this training is completed, she will be better equipped to help people thrive in Christ in our ministry.
- for John as he “digests” the training from Pure Desire Ministries he attended last weekend in the Washington DC area. (This training conference focuses on equipping leaders to bring hope and healing to men, women, and their families in the areas of compulsive porn use and other related addictions)
- for our family to thrive in this very full season of life transitions and change
- for Ellen as she begins her transition as a coach serving missionaries at Cru Headquarters on her new team, while still attending classes
- for financial (and logisitical) provision for these trainings
- for health for our family, we have noticed that sicknesses tend to come at not-so-ideal times! 😦
Partners in His Harvest,
Can you believe Valentine’s Day was only one month ago? Many of us celebrated with our loved ones and spouses. It is a significant day for many.
Yet the grim reality in America is that 59%1 of married church- attending men romanced their wife on Valentine’s Day, and then continued to view and struggle with pornography. What’s worse is that recent research2 shows divorce rates double when people begin watching porn. Valentine’s day romancing is nice, but not enough when it comes to defending a marriage from a powerful hidden sexual struggle.
As we mentioned in our last post a few days ago, we are pursuing a new direction in ministry. We feel called to provide hope, healing, and a place of recovery for men who struggle with the compulsive use of pornography and addiction, and help them, their spouses, and families to thrive wherever the Lord has destined them to have the greatest impact on the world for Christ.
In a future post we will include a letter of recommendation from Rich Lotterhos, the General Manager of Global Service Associates (GSA). We hope it will encourage you and give you more insight into the purpose and mission of GSA.
We invite you to partner with us prayerfully and financially as we move into this next chapter of life and ministry to bring a deep-heart discipleship process to many men and their families, whether they know Jesus personally or not… be they churched, “unchurched”, or “de-churched.” There are many ways you can join with us financially. You can give a tax-deductible gift in the following ways:
- Mailing checks made out to “Global Service Associates” with our names in the memo to:
P.O. Box 20425, Boulder, CO 80308
- Give online at http://johnandellenfleming.com/give which redirects to our mission’s website. Or just click the Give button below.
- Please Pray for us and those we minister to, and let us know you are praying, if you have a chance. 🙂
If you received a link to this post via an email from us, we plan to contact you soon to answer any questions you have and see if you would partner with us financially in this new exciting chapter.
Looking forward to seeing the fruit of our partnership in Eternity,