Please Pray for us to endure through Hurricane Dorian TODAY
Just a quick prayer request for all of our praying friends and family out there:
As you may have heard, Hurricane Dorian is a big one and is close to us. Many models are now saying it will brush up against the east coast like Matthew did in 2016. We would love a simple repeat of that!! But things can change easily and quickly last minute like Hurricane Charlie in 2004. We did board up pretty well last time we faced a hurricane (Irma, 2017). This brought some extra trips to the store. Same thing this time. But we are opting to stay rather than evacuate like last time.
So we still are not out of the woods. And neither are many of us who live here on the lower east coast. We are only 45 minute drive from Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach, but far enough inland in Orlando that we usually don’t get hit as hard as the beach towns.
Please pray for:
- Safety for us and our family and neighbors.
- Great opportunities to be Jesus to our neighbors and help as we are able in this situation.
- Endurance when we have small kids and may lose power for Air Conditioning and therefore have extra heat to deal with (it hits 85 – 90F most days, plus humidity).
- For emotional and physical strength when it’s hot and we are tired and a little (sometimes a lot!) stressed… to trust in Jesus and love one another well!
- The people of the Bahamas who have been devastated by the effects of the Hurricane. We met some Bahamians here and there in the spring and they are beautiful people, loved by God. So we have often been thinking of them in the aftermath of Dorian.
Thank you for your support and prayers as we provide safe spaces where men struggling with compulsive porn use and other addictions can experience hope, healing, and move towards thriving in who they really are in Christ!