“…Last night I prayed for a sign… that I’m still meant to live, and that God still cares for me… “
Posted by johnandellen
You may recall every spring Cru does a conference called Big Break in Panama City, Florida. It’s Cru’s alternative Spring break, where students from all over the US traveled to Panama City Beach for a week of growing in their relationship with God and learning to share their faith. They spent time engaging with people on the beach, and also by using social media to send the Falling Plates video to friends and family and listening to their experiences of Jesus so far in their lives.
One Student named Allison* shared about her experience below:
“My best friend from home came from a christian family so I thought, I don’t know if I need to text her or not and so I texted her the link to the [Falling Plates evangelistic] video. She texted me back and said I literally just cried. I’ve been feeling really hopeless and horrible lately. And last night I prayed for a sign that I’m still worth it, that I’m still meant to live, and that God still cares for me and today you sent that to me. This is insane. I’m literally in tears.”
Students and staff initiated 11,170 spiritual conversations digitally. 3,024 of them turned into gospel conversations, with 104 deciding to follow Christ, plus 601 future appointments were set up with friends and family! On the beach, 3,338 conversations were initiated and 1,470 heard the gospel, with 222 deciding to follow Christ!
These stories and results are super encouraging to us and we hope to you too! Jesus is moving and sometimes not in the ways we expect! When we hear stories of students listening to and responding to Jesus, it’s why we do what we do!
Until Every Student has Heard,
- THANKS to so many of you who prayed for John’s recent surgery last month. He is healing up well.
- that we would be able to quickly grow a larger team of people to join our ministry in prayer and financial support so we can return to our office to accelerate the gospel through the operations of Cru. Pray for us traveling for this reason this summer. We have about $1900/month left to finish growing our team.
- That we would not let the distractions around us take us away from the Good Work the Lord has for us. (Nehemiah 6:3)
- That we would look for opportunities to be Jesus’ hands and feet to those around us in our kids’ social lives this summer.
- For the millions of teenagers and college students transitioning out of school into summer… for the Church to carry this gospel to them.
- For God’s provision of a newer family vehicle through a Cru family who sold us theirs.
- For our home appliances to stop breaking, lol! 🙂 (we had a fridge fan go bad, a pump motor, and our washer too! we have replaced each one but this comes at a cost and is very distracting 😦 )
Enjoy a few of our latest pics:
Our little guy is turning 1 this week!
Our girls were in a theater day camp for a week and made new friends while singing their favorite songs!
Free donut day at Krispy Kreme! (Noah had more fun than he looks) 🙂
Evie has a favorite treat! (same as Daddy’s)
Aunt Mary came to visit!
Evie drew a special drawing for our vets
Last month we dedicated our Noah to the Lord in front of our Church, shown above with one of our leaders
About johnandellenWe work full time as ministers to provide hope, healing, and a place of recovery for men who struggle with the compulsive use of pornography and other addictions. We help them, their spouses, and families to heal and thrive wherever the Lord has destined them to have the greatest impact on the world for Christ. Ellen also works part time to coach missionaries who have come from all over the world to Orlando, Florida, at the Headquarters of Cru (also called Campus Crusade for Christ). Your partnership makes it possible for us to make the Great Commission a reality in the lives of men and their families through a discipleship recovery process. Thank you for praying for and supporting us and our work.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.